Tuesday 11 December, 2007

Why did I start blogging?

       It was in July 07 that I left the comforts of Bangalore to study in Singapore. I didn’t expect much change in my environment. One major difference was that I had lost the constant touch I had with some of my friends and colleagues, with whom I always discussed and debated on so many issues ranging from cricket to Narayan Murthy’s accomplishments to India’s foreign policy to politics, both governmental and at office!!

       The extrovert in me did not find much such company in Singapore. The only ones I found ‘hated’ (or only disliked) almost everything Indian!! (Currently, I am also working on my thesis on NRI’s psyche). That meant the only topic I spoke about was always comparing India with the rest of the world.

       As this went on, an ex-colleague got engaged. I wanted to congratulate her and her fiancé. Not able to find his email from his orkut profile, I got it from his blog. That was the first time I happened to visit a blog. I had read a few of his posts, which he had sent me by mail, and was in awe of his language abilities, but disagreed on most of his film reviews.

       I found a blog could be a good outlet for all the nasty thoughts I had I my mind. So, I created not one, but two. From then on, my bus travel has been interesting, for that’s when I pen down my thoughts. I debate within myself - observe if my initial opinion is indeed my view on the topic – for atleast a month before publishing it.

       That’s me… Don’t forget to click on the comment link below.

1 comment:

  1. even i have a blog dude.. but i am not comfortable yet to customize it., let me know how to improve my blog.. like i want to add the no of people who visited my blog etc..
    anyways.. do have a look at my blog and give me some suggestions...


    Author: Anantha Ganesh Kamath
    Blog:antygan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete